Sunday, March 21, 2010

MoodMixzer Part I

This is an RGB mood light. All three LEDs have 8-bit PWM from an ATtiny84, my recent workhorse. It uses fast PWM, and the system runs at 20MHz. It runs at 5v from a 7805 and wall-wart. The power LEDs are buffered from the ATtiny's IO pins by3 2N3904 NPN transistors. They buffer the IO pins from the relatively large current pulled by the LEDs. There are 3 small LEDs along the side of the board so that I can debug the code without hooking up the (painfully) bright tri color LED (that I built). I haven't yet put the rgb 'bulb' into the system, I'm using the debugging LEDs. Also, once I have an enclosure (working on it!) I can mount the rotary switch and potentiometer for color tuning. The flickr photostream is here.
(further posts are coming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment